Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The "Man-Torial" Man Friendly Wreath

So last month I shared this tutorial over at Houtz-House Party... and thought I'd post it again so that ya'll get the chance to read about this fun, easy project.

Anywhoo--- today I am sharing a "Man-Torial"... which is a man friendly tutorial... see, the deal is that I currently live with my dad and doing all of my crafts at his house has proven frustrating (he did not find my pink cactus nearly as cute as I did) - so I decided to make a craft that he would not mind as much - the Man Wreath!

Supplies:
  • Wreath form (Styrofoam is the cheapest) 
    • **You can also use a pool noodle that you duct-tape into a circle - this seems to be the cheapest option out there.
  • Man friendly fabric - I used burlap (You'll need about 1/2 yard if using a medium sized wreath)
  • Wreath additions - I used feathers and blue poly-satin flowers
  • Hot glue and glue gun
  • Scissors

1. Cut fabric strips (about 1-2 inches wide)... plug in your gun - you won't really know how much fabric you need until you start gluing...
Next glue/wrap the fabric around the wreath form... you now have the blank canvas on which to work... so now what? You have to figure out what you want it to look like.

1. Do you want a family initial? (I picked up a cheap 1.00 wooden "E" and painted it with some left over paint... it's tied into the center of the wreath)

2. What kind of manly-man do you live with? For example, my dad hunts birds and thus I chose pheasant feathers... if you had a golfer you could use tees and balls, a fisherman - bobbins and old flies?


See, there's my letter... my feathers, I also added some flowers because I needed to jazz up the feathers... I'm thinking my next version will be a blue/green wreath with some flies and bobbins - since dad is also a fisherman and how cute does that sound? I'm pretty excited for that one! Who knows, before then I might go  with a girly option ;)


Hope this was a fun little insight into the male psyche... also, my dad walked by the wreath (on the front door) for several hours before I finally pointed it out... to which he chuckled, said it was nice, and continued to eat his dinner ;) Best of luck with the man-torial!



2 comments:

  1. I love the wreath. I'm not sure husband would feel it was actually manly but certainly he wouldn't mind a wreath like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for accepting my Swap! Be sure to go to http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com/p/sponsor.html and enter your ad so yours will be up on my page :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...