Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meet: Jaclyn, Kara & Leigh-Ellen!

Hello Artsy readers!  Let me introduce you to a few of the lovely ladies who grace my side bar over there on the right!


Jaclyn @ Jac & Elise
*about the picture, below


1. Tell me about yourself, your blog, your shop, etc... what do you want people to know about you?
     Howdy, all. My name is Jaclyn, and I love Donald Duck, Stephen King and reading in bed in the morning. I dislike people who text while they are around friends in real life (it's rude), exclamation points (they're unnecessary) and judgmental dill holes.
     I'm the "Jac" in "Jac & Elsie," my Etsy shop full of whimsical, upcycled and vintage jewelry. A number of my adult friendship sets have become my shop's bestsellers, much to my pleasure and surprise. I think you're never too old to tell a bestie, "I love you, and you're full of awesome." At Jac & Elsie, I also support Autism Speaks and Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana.
2. What do you do when you're not being a blogger/shop owner?
     I'm a journalist, a full-time features reporter at a newspaper. This week, I've worked on stories ranging from the fact that hospital food has improved drastically from when it was "ew, gross, cafeteria food" (one of our hospitals recently installed a pizza oven, no joke) to the bed races at a local festival (yes, they take beds and race them down Main Street) to a story on open and affirming churches (congregations that say yes, we are welcoming of gay and lesbian congregants). So it's a super mixed bag, which I love, because I love to be nosy, I love to write and I get bored easily. It's never the same for me from week or week.
3. When you were little, what did you think you would be doing at this moment in your life?
     I thought I'd be a journalist, but I never thought it'd be in a smaller/medium-sized city like I am. I always imagined myself somewhere bigger, and better, something into editing or magazines. I never would have thought I'd be so happy with what I have.
4. What is your all time favorite blog post on your site?
     My favorite blog post has been the one where I introduce my Joey's Hot Dog jewelry in the shop. My brother, Joey, will be 23 in August, and he has autism. It's so hard for me to write about him, and in this post, I let it pour out.

About the picture: 
     This is from my now-fiance and I celebrating our two-year anniversary. We went to The Melting Pot and ate the crap out of some fondue. He proposed five months later.




Kara @ The Snuggly Duckling
*about the picture, below

BlogShopTwitterPinterest Instagram 

1. Tell me about yourself, your blog, your shop, etc... what do you want people to know about you? 
     My name is Kara and I blog over at The Snugly Duckling. I blog about whatever I'm up to that day. It might be a DIY, a recipe (most likely not), a fun linkup, an update to my shop, or just a life story. I'm currently living in the Deep South, and wow is it different than what I'm used to! Some of my addictions include coffee (especially Starbucks), pinterest, Instagram (follow me:snugly_duckling), parentheses, Home Improvement (with Tim Allen) and my soon to be nephew!
     My shop is still very much a baby. I've sold about 5 items on my shop (to non family members), but am going nuts on building my inventory lately. I have no idea when it will all be added, but I'm sure it'll make it up there soon! My newest, and probably favorite item is my custom embroidery hoop art. I've been embroidering a few blog headers, but am always open for new challenges! Stay on the lookout if you're interested. 
2. What do you do when you're not being a blogger/shop owner?
     When I'm not blogging, I'm crafting! Big surprise, right? Lately I've just been going nonstop on my embroidering and have found exciting new ideas that I can hopefully implement soon. When I'm not crafting though, I'm usually just relaxing around the house or working. I'd love to be more of an athletic person, but finding the inspiration and motivation is really hard.
3. When you were little, what did you think you would be doing at this moment in your life?
     When I was little, no one really asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up. Strange, right? So I really have no idea. I've wanted to teach for as long as I can remember, so we'll go with that. :)
4. What is your all time favorite blog post on your site?
     My favorite post is a DIY for designing your own mugs using just a sharpie. Why? Because it was SUCH a fun and easy craft that I can do over and over! 

About the picture: 
     I had a crazy hair makeover this month and boy did I need it! I had like 4 inch roots. That hair I'm holding out is supposed to be my bangs! I cut off 8 inches!! Every time I went to the bathroom the next few days, I'd stay in an extra 2 or 3 minutes just getting used to it. I'm still totally in love with it. :)


Leigh-Ellen @ Little Waterlilly in a Big Pond

1. Tell me about yourself, your blog, your shop, etc... what do you want people to know about you?
     My blog is a little bit of everything to do with me.  It's part fashion, part diary, part ranting and raving.  I don't really cook, I don't diy and I don't have kids. I blog about pretty girly things, my fluffballs (World's tiniest golden retriever, crazy kitten who thinks he's half dog and cat who is aware that she was meant to be royalty and got lost somehow. William and Kate should call her. She's tolerant of dogs so Lupo can stay), my husband and my travels.  I see it as a way to inflict my photos on a wider audience than just my friends and family!
2. What do you do when you're not being a blogger/shop owner?
     I work at the local university in student services doing academic coaching.  That doesn't sound cool does it? It has it's moments.  I also freelance for a local paper and watch entirely too much television online.  
3. When you were little, what did you think you would be doing at this moment in your life?
     'm pretty certain I thought 30 was ancient so I'd have like 3 kids and be ready to retire.  Quite honestly I went through a lot of "when I grow up" stages.  At one point I wanted to be an actress and for a long time I wanted to be a dolphin trainer.  Only I think I wanted the dolphin to be able to talk and come with Jonathan Brandis (if you didn't get that reference you are YOUNG).  I think eventually I expected I'd become a lawyer.  I'm still a little confused about how I didn't. 
4. What is your all time favorite blog post on your site?
     Oh goodness! Isn't that a bit like being asked to chose your favourite child? Or favourite fluffball? One of my favourites was the post from my last birthday where I cut my hair to donate: http://littlewaterlily.blogspot.ca/2012/02/losing-locks.html .  Can I chose two? Cause my other would be this one from Remembrance Day last year: http://littlewaterlily.blogspot.ca/2011/11/dear-parents.html 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...