Monday, June 18, 2012

Now What...

So I know last month I promised all kinds of things I then did not deliver - and for that I am truly sorry, but a lot has happened since then:

I graduated with my masters, packed up, moved cross country with mom, now I live with dad, started a new job... AHHHH

Okay. So here's my life in a nutshell right now... I don't know if Anthropology was the best degree to go after, hmmm, weird! Haha. So for those of you that don't know, I have my B.A. in Physical Anthropology which includes evolution, fossils, primate biology etc... and then my M.A. in Anthropology with a focus in Forensics  (yes, like "Bones" on Fox).

With this, I have the option to become a cop for 2 years before applying for the FBI, which I had thought would be nice- but I really now, just don't see myself as a cop writing tickets - that's not my idea of helping people, which is why I went into the field in the first place... I also have the option of getting a PhD, and then going on and teaching... so I have thus thought about going to Nursing School - yes I know it's quite different than my original plan, and if I had thought of it 4 years ago I could have done it then...

But honestly, it's not a decision I would have made 4 years ago. Now that I have had all this time in school, I have realized that my real passion is people - and nursing would allow me to help so many different people and improve their lives. Who knows, eventually I could go into forensic nursing and use all my oodles of knowledge. The only downside to this plan, is that nursing school doesn't start until next fall... so I will be working at P.F. Changs for the next year making cash money while I bide my time.

So that people, is my life in a nutshell - now you know me a little bit better...

So what does this mean for you? The next 3 days I don't work, so I will be spending it working on tutorials, recipes, sponsor information and new shop products... so this then means, that I will no longer ignore you, I will love you all, I will post more often and I will be doing a give away sometime soon!



3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! We've missed you for real. Sounds like you had a seriously busy month though! Good luck working in PF Chang's, and I hope nursing brings you more satisfaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! SHE's BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and put me down for your giveaway! I'll def contribute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...