Monday, July 4, 2011

The Latest Furniture Addition

So. Despite popular belief, while fun, spray paint is not without its challenges. For example, I bought this adorable table on Craigslist to use as a TV stand... it was a whopping $30 because I had to pay extra to meet half way. Any-whoo... I thought I might paint it a nice gender neutral gray, so I bought one can of primer and one can of Aluminum matte spray paint...

The one can of primer didn't cover the entire project - which I did not prepare, but in hindsight should have sanded.  But never mind the primer, I was ready with my GRAY paint... so I put my finger on the trigger and low-and-behold it was SILVER. But I loved it, yet... gender neutral flew out the window. But not to worry I was ready to finish it off with my one can of spray paint and put it inside... three coats later it was finished and ready to go.

So. Just so you know:
1. Prepare your project first, a light sanding to get off chipped paint never hurt anybody
2. Check the paint before you buy it (everyone else has)... it will be better than being surprised.
3. 1 can will not be enough... if you don't get 2 cans, you will probably run to Walmart on a Saturday at 1pm, hoping that it doesn't rain on the table you left uncovered on the patio - only to make it home 20 minutes, 2 cans and a quick dry off later.





4. Just go with it. If you don't like it buy another 3 dollar can (or 2...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...