What you will need:
- 1/2 yard of poly satin from your local craft store
- 1 sheet of felt (black)
- Seed beads or pearls (local craft store)
- Hot Glue Gun
Steps to Make a Silk Flower Headband
1. Cut out 4-6 circles, in different smaller to larger sizes, from your satin fabric:
2. Burn the edges of each circle using your lighter. If you burn a piece, no worries, grab a new one and try again. The heat will curl up the edges and harden the outer part of the circle "petal"... using a candle type lighter is easier on the fingers than a cigarette lighter.
3. Layer the petals inside of each other and secure them together using all but the top petal. Then add the top petal and sew on the seed beads or pearls.
4. Now that your flower is read to go, gather up your flower, a circle of felt you've cut, your headband and a feather if you prefer.
5. Now, glue the felt onto the headband and place the flower over the headband... and you are ready to rock with your new headband.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask or to visit my Etsy site for lots of cute happenings going on there!
Best of Luck, Happy Crafting!